Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14 (NIV)
WE EXTEND AN EXTRAVAGANT WELCOME TO ALL CHILDREN AT THE POOL!
Just as we nurture children mentally, physically and emotionally from the time they are born (if not sooner), we should also nurture a child spiritually beginning at a very early age. Here at “The Pool” we seek to “provide Christ-centered and age appropriate ministries that provide for spiritual growth and development” (a statement from our Vision Statement). In other words, the children, as the adults, are also welcome to “Belong, Believe, and Become”!
Youth Ministry at “The Pool” includes:
- IMANI Praise Team, Mimes, and Praise Dancers
- Children’s Sunday School class at 9:00 a.m.
- Youth Church every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. (1st floor)
- Youth leadership of morning worship every 3rd Sunday (main sanctuary)
- Special events and outings
- Planning and oversight of the bi-annual church picnic
- Care packages for college students
- Youth Mentoring following the TALKS Mentoring Program (http://talksmentoring.org/)
The Youth Ministry Advisory Team meets every other Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. Meetings are either at the church or via conference call. Please call the church office or contact Rev. Veronica M. Johnson at VJohnson@gbmbc.org for more information.